Fried Rice Recipe | Chinese Style
A basic recipe for a traditional Chinese accompaniment to stir-fried dishes, this can be more substantial with the addition of meat, poultry or seafood.
- 1 lb cooked rice, well drained and dried
- 3 tbsps oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked peas
- Dash sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat a wok and add the oil. Pour in the egg and soy sauce and cook until just beginning to set.
- Add the rice and peas and stir to coat with the egg mixture. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add seasoning and sesame oil.
- Spoon into a serving dish and sprinkle over the green onions. #TIME: The rice will take about 10 minutes to cook. Allow at least 20 minutes for it to drain as dry as possible. The fried rice dish will take about 4 minutes to cook.# #VARIATION: Cooked meat, poultry or seafood may be added to the rice along with the peas.# #COOK’S TIP: The 1lb rice measurement is the cooked weight.#