Embroidered Crabmeat Balls | Microwave Recipes
A wonderful combination of many much-loved Chinese ingredients.
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps finely chopped ham
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 large Chinese cabbage leaves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1¼ cups hot chicken stock
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- Dash sesame oil
- 1.. Mix the first 11 ingredients, adding only 2 egg whites. If the mixture is dry and crumbly, add some of the remaining white until the mixture will hold together.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. The balls should not be smooth. Place in a single layer in a large shallow dish.
- Pour around the hot stock and cover the dish. Cook 3 minutes on HIGH, rearranging the balls once during cooking to bring the ones in the center of the dish to the outside. Remove the balls and keep warm.
- Mix the remaining cornstarch with the soy sauce in glass measure and gradually add the stock. Stir well and cook 2-3 minutes on HIGH, until thickened. Add the sesame oil and pour over the crabmeat balls to serve. #TIME: Preparation takes 25 minutes, microwave cooking takes 5-6 minutes.#