Easy Sandwich Recipes: Baked Roquefort Slices
- 4 slices white bread
- 3 oz (75 g) butter
- 8 slices smoked ham
- 4 oz (100g) Roquefort (or other blue cheese )
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- Preheat the oven to very hot (240 c, 475 F, Gas Mark 9).
- Cut the slices of bread in half. Melt the butter in a large pan and fry the bread in it until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the bread from the frying pan and leave to cool. Cover each slice of bread with a slice of ham followed by a piece of Roquefort.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for a few minutes in the oven until the cheese begins to melt but not brown.
- Remove the slices from the oven and allow to cool.
- Wash the peppers, remove the seeds and cut into very fine strips.
- Garnish each slice of bread with a few strips of red and green pepper. #COOK’S TIP# Unless you are baking large quantities of these slices at a time, using the oven will prove uneconomical. The same delicious result will be achieved if the slices are lightly grilled.