Easy Pasta: Spaghetti Alla Carbonara Recipe
- 7 oz dried pasta, such as spaghetti, tagliatelle or linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 150 ml single cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #This dish is ready to eat in the time it takes the pasta to cook. It’s traditionally served with spaghetti, but tagliatelle or linguine work too.# Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente or according to the timings on the packet.
- Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente or according to the timings on the packet.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the warm pan. Remove from the heat and add the shallot mixture. Add the egg mixture and toss well to coat. Serve topped with Parmesan and black pepper.