Easy Pasta Recipe: Parsley And Pancetta Cannelloni
- 600 ml passata
- 150 ml red wine
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 dried cannelloni tubes
- #Parsley And Pancetta Filling#
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125 g cubed pancetta
- 4 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 200 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 150 ml double cream
- Grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 150 g mozzarella cheese, drained and cubed
- Aea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A baking dish, about 30 x 20 cm
- #It is best not to precook the cannelloni tubes, as this makes them difficult to stuff. So to compensate for the moisture they will absorb as they cook, the sauce should be runny – it will become thicker and rich.# Put the passata, wine, sugar, garlic, bay leaf and oil into a saucepan. Add salt and pepper to taste and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas 5.
- To make the filling, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan, add the onion, garlic and pancetta and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened and golden. Add the parsley, breadcrumbs, cream, lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the filling mixture into the cannelloni tubes and arrange the stuffed tubes in the baking dish. Pour the tomato sauce over the top and sprinkle with the mozzarella. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the top is bubbling and golden and the pasta is cooked through.