Easy Pasta Recipe: Creamy Vodka Sauce
- 250 g dried pasta, such as fusilli or fusilli bucati
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chilli vodka
- 150 ml double cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few chives, halved, to serve
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- #If you don’t have chilli vodka, add a small, finely chopped chilli at the same time as the garlic and use ordinary vodka instead.# Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente or according to the timings on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small saucepan, add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the vodka and boil rapidly for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the cream and simmer gently for a further 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the warm pan. Add the sauce and mix well. Serve topped with Parmesan, chives and pepper.