Easy Pasta: Gorgonzola, Pecan And Mascarpone Sauce
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 175 g Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 175 g mascarpone cheese
- A pinch of ground mace or a little freshly grated nutmeg
- 100 g pecan nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #The toasted pecan nuts add texture to this rich and creamy cheese sauce. Gorgonzola is a strongly flavoured blue cheese that is perfect combined with the milder mascarpone. Other blue cheeses you could use are Roquefort or even Stilton.# Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic and gently fry over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the Gorgonzola, mascarpone, mace and a little seasoning.
- Cook gently until the sauce is heated through but the cheese still has a little texture.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the pecan nuts and chives. Season to taste and serve hot.