Easy Chinese Stock Recipe | With Pork (Asian Cuisine)
This basic stock is used in Chinese cooking not only as the basis for soup-making, but also whenever liquid is required instead of plain water.
- 1 lb 10 oz/750 g Chicken pieces
- 1 lb 10 oz/750 g Pork spare ribs
- 15 cups cold Water
- 3-4 pieces , crushed Fresh ginger root
- 3-4 each tied into a knot Scallions
- 3-4 tbsp Chinese Rice wine
- Trim off any excess fat from the chicken and spare ribs; chop them into large pieces.
- Place the chicken and pork in a large pan with the water; add the ginger and scallion knots. Bring to a boil, and skim off the scum. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for at least 2-3 hours.
- Strain the stock, discarding the chicken, pork, ginger, and scallions; add the wine and return to a boil, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Refrigerate the stock when cool; it will keep for up to 4-5 days. Alternatively, it can be frozen in small containers and be defrosted as required.