Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 6 Slices bacon (optional)
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
- salt and ground pepper
- 3 Plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1/2-inc pieces
- 1/2 Small red onion, sliced thinly
- Bell Peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp White-wine vinegar
- Lettuce leaves
- #Find our best and tastiest chicken salad recipe, perfect for fancy brunch or for a simple and delicious sandwich. This is a family favorite. I like to use baked thighs or breasts that have been sprinkled with basil or rosemary.# Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay bacon in a single layer on prepared sheet; bake until it begins to render its fat, abaut 10 minutes. Turn bacon over, and slide to one side of sheet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and place on baking sheet. Bake until bacon is browned and crisp and chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate, and let drain; crumble. Let chicken cool completely. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, celery, celery leaves (if using), mayonnaise, and vinegar.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch chunks, and add to bowl. Season with salt and papper, and toss to coat. Serve chicken salad over lettuce leaves, and sprinkle with bacon.