Duck Soup Recipe | Chinese Recipe
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cooked oil
- 1-inch fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 oz cooked duck meat, chopped
- 4 oz winter melon, thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Pinch monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing wine or dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch blended with 1 tbsp stock
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- #The perfect start to a Chinese meal, and it doesn’t take too long either.# Fry green onions in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add ginger and duck meat. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add winter melon and stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes and then add stock and the remaining ingredients.
- Gently simmer for 2-3 minutes until the soup becomes clear. Serve immediately. #COOK’S TIP# Use the leftovers from a recipe such as Peking Duck for the meat in this recipe.