Cucumber Dill Bites With Horseradish Cream Recipe
- 8 oz Cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 Cup Sour cream
- 3 tbsp Fresh snipped dill
- 3 tbsp Fresh snipped chives (or garlic chives)
- 3/4 tsp Prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp Each sah and pepper
- 1 Seedless English cucumber (peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick)
- fresh dill sprigs Garnish
- #Cucumber dill bites are a great appetizer and travel well for picnics and boating occasions. They also look lovely served as a teatime delicacy on a tiered glass tray. There’s something about summer that fires up my kitchen creativity.# In a small bowl and using electric mixer at medium speed, combine cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish, dill, chves, salt and pepper until creamy. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Before serving, allow the cream cheese mixture to soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes for easy spreading.
- Slice cucumbers and lay them on a doubled piece of paper towell to drain for a few minutes. Towel dry both sides of the cucumber siles.
- Spread horseradish mixture onto each cucumber slice with a small spoon or you may pipe it on with a pastry bag. Top with a fresh dil sprig. Makes 12-14 rounds.
- For variation: add smoked sliced salmon in small pieces on the cucumber slices, before you add the horseradish cream.