Cream And Cheese: Lemon And Vermouth Sauce
- 400-500 g dried pasta of your choice
- Finely grated zest of 2 unwaxed lemons
- 125 ml dry vermouth
- 200 ml double cream
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #This is quite an unusual sauce for pasta, but no less wonderful for it. If you cannot find unwaxed lemons, be sure to wash the skins well before grating the zest.# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions.
- Put the lemon zest and vermouth in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, then simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat in the cream and return to the heat until warmed through.
- Stir in the Parmesan and basil and season to taste. Serve at once, sprinkled with extra grated Parmesan.