Cranberry Wild Rice Salad Recipe
- 2 cups Wild rice blend (cooked using chicken broth)
- 2 tbsp Snipped fresh lemon basil leaves (use regular basil as substitute)
- 2 tbsp Snipped garlic chives or 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp Snipped fresh parsley (fet-leafed or Italian has more flavor than curly)
- 1 cup Dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp Raspberry vinegar
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Salt & pepper to taste in the rice
- #Cranberry Wild Rice Salad Recipe is always a hit – plan on doubing it! The combination of sweet/sour taste tickles your taste buds and everyone goes back for a second helping. Cutting the cranberries in half is time-consuming, but it makes a big difference in the texture of the finished salad. The cranberries may be steeped in sugar syrup up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill in syrup (cranberries’ color will deepen).# In a large bowl, combine the cooled rice, onions herbs cranberries and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey and oil. Pour over the salad and toss well to coat. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Refrigerate 24 hours before serving, so flavors can blend thoroughly. If serving on individual plates, use a bed of fresh spinach leaves under each serving of rice. Garnish with a piece of the fresh herb you used in the recipe.