Corn and Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 chicken, with giblets
- 8 oz can creamy com
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 carrot, scraped and chopped roughly
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 6 peppercorns
- Parsley stalks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart water
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped parsley or chives
- #A classic soup which is still a great favorite. # Clean chicken, and cut into quarters. Put into wok with giblets, chopped vegetables, peppercorns, bay leaf, parsley stalks, seasoning and water.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain and return stock to wok.
- Discard the vegetables and giblets. Remove meat from chicken and cut into fine shreds.
- Add undrained com to stock, and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley or chives. Serve hot.