Compote of Autumn Fruits Recipe
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups mineral water
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, and seeds scraped
- 3-4 pears, peeled, cored and cut Into quarters (rub with lemon)
- 3-4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into quarters (rub with lemon)
- 12-16 dried apricots
- 12-16 dried pitted prunes
- Pomegranate seeds to decorate
- #Two recipes competed to take this space in the collection. My taste buds chose this one because there is a good mixture of fresh and dried fruits with a rich aroma of vanilla.# Put the pomegranate molasses, water, sugar and mineral water into a non-aluminium pan. Boil until sugar dissolves. Add the vanilla pod and scraped seeds.
- First add the pears and cook covered over very low heat for 10-30 minutes depending on how ripe they are. Then drop in the apples and cook uncovered until they are tender.
- Remove fruit from pan Into a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Then boil the syrup until reduced by half. Taste and add some more sugar or a squeeze of lemon juice to adjust the sweetness or tartness. Remove the vanilla pod.
- Add the apricots and prunes to the bowl of fruit and pour hot syrup over. Cook cover and chill
- Serve in individual dessert bowls. Sprinkle a handful of pomegranate seeds and serve with dollops of cream.