This is the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and the only basic cookie recipe you need, seriously. This ONE cookie recipe makes tons of other recipes and is so good.
PREP TIME: 20 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
READY TIME: 30 min
CALORIES: 120 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 125 g (4 oz) butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 250 g (8 oz) chopped chocolate
1 Place butter, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat egg into mixture and then stir through flours, coconut and chocolate.
2 Roll 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time into balls, place balls on lined baking trays and flatten slightly.
3 Bake in a preheated 190°C (375°F) oven for 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
4 Cool on trays. Serve with hot chocolate.
Calories: 120 Kcal
Total Fat: 4.0 g
Cholesterol: 7.8 mg3%
Sodium: 63.9 mg3%
Carbs: 22.8 g
Protein: 1.4 g
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop dough onto a cookie sheet. Fill the ice cream scoop with water and measure it in a liquid measuring cup to know how big your cookies will be. This is important to know how long to bake your cookies.
- BAKE TIME IS EVERYTHING!Watch your cookies closely in the oven. If you like your cookies gooey, DO NOT bake them until they are golden around the edges and on top.
- If you half this recipe, half of 3/4 is 6 tablespoons.