Chinese Style Scallops in Pepper Sauce Recipe | Microwave
Give your guests a treat with this special dish.
- 1 lb scallops, shelled and cleaned
- ½ clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsps rice wine
- 3 tbsps light soy sauce
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/3 cup light stock
- 4 tbsps sweet chili sauce
- 1 small piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced or shredded
- If the scallops are large, cut in half, horizontally. Place in a casserole dish with the garlic, wine, soy sauce, sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish and cook for 10 minutes on MEDIUM.
- Remove the scallops and keep warm.
- Add the cornstarch and stock to the hot liquid and stir well. Add the chili sauce and ginger root and cook 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the green pepper and onions to the sauce and return the scallops to the dish. Cook 1-2 minutes on HIGH, until the scallops are cooked and the vegetables are still crisp. Serve with rice. #TIME: Preparation takes 20 minutes, microwave cooking takes 13-15 minutes.#