Chinese Seafood: Honey Sesame Shrimp Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 lb shrimp shelled and de-veined
- 2 tbsps cornstarch Oil for deep frying
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- #Shrimp sweetened with honey and sprinkled with sesame seeds- the perfect dish to spoil yourself with.# Sift flour and salt and pepper into a bowl. Make a well in the center, add egg and water, and gradually mix in the flour.
- Beat to a smooth batter and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp in cornstarch and coat well. Shake off any excess cornstarch. Add shrimp to batter and coat well.
- Heat oil in wok and add shrimp, a few at a time. Cook until batter is golden. Remove shrimp, drain on paper towels, and keep warm. Repeat until all shrimp have been fried.
- Carefully remove hot oil from wok. Gently heat sesame oil in pan.
- Add honey and stir until mixed well and heat through. Add shrimp to mixture and toss well.
- Sprinkle over sesame seeds and again toss well. Serve immediately. #TIME# Preparation takes 20 minutes, cooking takes 20 minutes.