Chinese Parsley and Fish Soup Recipe
- 1 lb white fish fillet, cut into 6 evensized pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½-inch fresh root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 2 sprigs Chinese parsley, finely chopped
- 18-20 thin cucumber slices
- #Chinese parsley is just another name for cilantro, which is available in most good supermarkets.# Wash fish in cold water and gently simmer in chicken stock for 2-3 minutes. Remove the fish pieces carefully.
- Add ginger, salt, pepper, monosodium glutamate and green onion, and simmer the stock for 2-3 minutes. Strain.
- Dissolve arrowroot in 1 tbsp water or cold stock and add to the soup. Simmer for 2 minutes until the soup thickens.
- Add fish pieces and bring back to the boil. Serve in soup bowls, sprinkled with chopped parsley and cucumber slices. #COOK’S TIP# Use your favorite white fish for this recipe.