Chicken and Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 1 lb chicken pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 carrot, chopped roughly
- 1 stick celery, chopped roughly
- 4 peppercorns
- 5 cups water
- 10 oz can asparagus pieces
- Chopped parsley
- #This special occasion soup is sure to impress your guests. # Remove chicken meat from bones and cut into fine shreds.
- Put chicken bones, onion, carrot, celery, peppercorns and water in wok, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain and return stock to wok.
- Add chicken shreds, and simmer until chicken is cooked. Add undrained asparagus pieces. Adjust seasoning. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley. #COOK’S TIP# If you can afford fresh asparagus, it’s taste is better than the canned variety.