Cheese Sticks in Olive Dressing Recipe
- 18 sticks of cheese of choice, feta or Halloumi cheese or a mixture of these cheeses
- 1 /2 cup pitted green olives, packed tightly
- 8 – 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- #Paired with Grilled Cherry Tomatoes and crusty bread (dip it in the pungent dressing) and beer or wine-this is pure luxury at the table with the simplest of ingredients. Halloumi cheese sticks recipe:# Soak cheese sticks in water overnight to remove as much of the salt as possible. Or use your choice of unsalted cheese.
- Process the olives, basil leaves and the oil in the food processor to a thick sauce. Do not season as cheese and dressing will be salty enough. Add lemon juice and cumin.
- Spoon dressing over cheese sticks, Cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve place cheese sticks onto a serving dish. Then thin sauce with a bit more olive oil and lemon juice. Spoon all of sauce on cheese sticks and drizzle with a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Decorate with tiny basil leaves.