Broccoli With Garlic and Lemon Bread Crumbs Recipe
- 500 g / 1 lb broccoli (or 2 large heads), separated into florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- #For The Topping#
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Grated rind of one lemon
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- #This winner broccoli recipe is packed with great taste. Serve it with any kind of meat. Perk up the taste of the dish with chopped up fresh chillies or dried chilli flakes.# Boll unsalted water in a pot and drop in the broccoli florets and cook until CRISP tender, no longer than 5 minutes.
- Drain and plunge in cold water to stop cooking. Drain well and set aside. Heat only half of butter and oil until hot.
- Add broccoli and lower heat. Toss gently to coat florets With the oil and butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place broccoli in an ovenproof dish. For the topping which is packed with flavor, return pan to heat and add remaining butter and oil.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil. Bake under the broiler until cheese turns golden brown. Serve straight out of the oven.