Best Diet Recipes: Hot Green Bean and Feta Salad
I love this crunchy green salad, full of interesting textures and surprise flavours. It’s one of my favourite lunches when I haven’t got much time to cook; any leftovers are great cold as a packed lunch. A note from Eatopic: The dressing will keep in the fridge for at least three days.
- #For the Salad#
- 20g pine nuts
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 150g tenderstem broccoli and/or asparagus, trimmed
- 100g frozen peas
- 60g feta cheese, crumbled
- #For the Dressing#
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small orange, finely grated zest and 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of flaked sea salt, such as Maldon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add the pine nuts and cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan every now and again, until toasted. Tip onto a plate to cool. Alternatively toast in a fan oven at 180°C for 2-3 minutes.
- For the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients, or tip into a jam jar, screw the lid on tightly and shake well.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the green beans and broccoli or asparagus and boil for 3 minutes, then add the peas and cook for a further minute. The veg should be just tender but still with some crunch. Drain thoroughly, return to the pan and toss through the dressing.
- Transfer to two bowls. Scatter with the feta and pine nuts and serve.