Bell Pepper and Dried Apricot Relish Recipe
- #Makes a bit more than 1/2 cups#
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1 cm wide strips and then cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup currants, picked
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon or less paprika
- #This relish perks up any grilled chicken or turkey. Another option is to serve spoonfuls of it with slices of cheese and crusty bread. The spices in the relish accent the flavors that develop during the time it is chilled in the refrigerator.# Place all Ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Keep pan covered. The relish will thicken in about 45 minutes.
- Cool completely and then refrigerate until ready to use.