Beet Sauce Recipe
- #Makes abour 2 cups#
- 4 medium sized beets, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cream
- #A tasty and colorful sauce which pairs with vegetable and meat dishes equally well. Its flavor accentuates the food it accompanies. Serve it with the Vegetable Terrine.# First cook the beets in chicken stock and lemon juice until quite tender.
- Add salt and pepper halfway through the cooking process. Purée beets with a hand blender. The purée should have a thickish consistency.
- Then pass through a sieve for an even smoother texture. Next add the cream and cool to luke warm.
- If sauce is too thick, thin it down with some milk until a thick pouring consistency is reached. Taste and correct seasoning. Spoon some sauce onto a plate.
- Spread around with a spoon and place what ever you have planned to serve on the colorful sauce. (Careful – it stains badly!)