These tomatoes, epitomizing the flavour of Provence, are perfect with roast meat or poultry. You can prepare them a few hours ahead, then cook them while carving the roast.
• Servings: 4
• Preparation Time: 15 min
• Cook Time: 10 min
• Ready Time: 25 min
• Cuisine: French
- 2 large tomatoes
- 45 ml/3 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 30 ml/2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 30-45 ml/2—3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flat leaf parsley sprigs, to garnish
1 Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/ Gas 7. Cut the tomatoes in half crossways and arrange them cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
2 Mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper and spoon over the tomato halves.
3 Drizzle generously with olive oil and bake the tomatoes at the top of the oven for about 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Serve at once, garnished with parsley sprigs.