Arugula And Pear Salad With Roquefort Cheese Recipe
- 1/2 cup walnut halves.
- 5 to 6 cups arugula, cleaned and dried.
- 1 Bosc or Anjou pear, thinly sliced.
- 1 lemon.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola (get a piece that will crumble easily for you) or blue cheese crumbles.
- #Make this simple and refreshing salad when pears are at their best – tasty and full of aroma. The pairing of greens and fruit may seem unusual but as in this recipe, some unlikely ingredients can easily come together and produce great tastes.# For one serving I use half a pear, two handfulls of arugula. Do not peel pears. Cut in half and remove the core. Slice each half into eights. Rub with lemon to stop discoloration. Wash and pat arugula dry. Place pears and arugula in a bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing made with your best olive oil, a good squeeze of lemon juice as well as orange juice, a pinch of sugar and a half teaspoon of mustard. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss together with your fingers.
- You may also try Lemon and Garlic Dressing over the salad.
- Transfer salad onto a large flat plate. Top with 10 -12 toasted walnut halves and crumbled Roquefort cheese.
- Serve this salad as a starter or as anaccompaniment to grilled meat.