A Stylish and Easy Appetizer For Your Parties: Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 white loaf
- 1 8-oz (225-g) can tuna fish
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated horseradish, or bottled creamed horseradish
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2oz (50g) soft butter
- 6 small tomatoes
- 6 twists of lemon
- Mustard and cress
- Remove the crust from the loaf and out lengthways into six slices.
- Interleave the slices of bread with greaseproof paper and, with a rolling pin, roll out until thin. Then roll up each slice lengthways as for a sponge roll.
- Drain the tuna fish and chop into small pieces. Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Blend the tuna fish, onion, horseradish, whipped cream, salt and pepper in the liquidiser, taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Unroll the bread slices, spread evenly with the butter, followed by the tuna fish mixture, and roll up again.
- Wrap each of the six rolls of bread in greaseproof paper, then in cooking foil and leave to stand in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Before serving, cut each roll into slices and arrange in a circle on individual plates.
- Garnish the center of each plate with a small tomato, a twist of lemon, and a small bunch of cress.