(accompaniment for curries)
PREP TIME: 30 min
COOK TIME: 30 min
READY TIME: 30 min
CALORIES: 53 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
Apple Chutney Recipe
- 4 tart apples, cored and chopped (unpeeled)
- 2 ripe pears, cored and chopped (unpeeled)
- 4 tsp freshly ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp each ground cloves, cinnamon and cardamom
INSTRUCTIONS (Apple Chutney Recipe)
1 Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat, covered, for 20 minutes. Cool overnight to thicken.
Calories: 53.1 Kcal
Fat: 0.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 17.1 mg
Potassium: 76.8 mg
Carbs: 15.8 g
Protein: 0.3 g
Apple Sauce Recipe
- 6 apples (2 red, 2 golden and 2 Granny Smiths Green)
- 1 cup water
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS (Apple Sauce)
1 Wash, peel and cut the apples. Place them in a medium-big sized pan with the water.
2 Put the peels on top and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes.
3 Remove from the fire and let it cool. Discard the peels and blend the cooked apples in the electrical blender to form a puree. Enjoy! The remains keep well for at least 5 days in the fridge.
VARIATIONS; you can add dried prunes (black and/or yellow) You can add dried and/or fresh apricots You can replace the apples for pears or half and half. You can also add quince. As I said it before; the options are many, the choices are yours! Enjoy!
- 2 kg quinces
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (you can substitute with 4 dried apricots)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
INSTRUCTIONS (Quince-Walnut “Marmalade”)
1 Wash, peel and cut the quinces. Bring them to boil with just the enough amount of water for them not to burn.
2 Add the sugar, lemon juice and after stirring, low the heat and cook covered for 30 minutes.
3 Let it cool and blend in the electric blender. Add the chopped walnuts.
Pineapple Relish Recipe
1 cup fresh pineapple, cut very finely
2 scallions, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp lime juice
1 red jalapeno chili, seeded, minced
INSTRUCTIONS (Pineapple Relish)
1 In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients, cover and keep in the refrigerator. Serve with chicken or fish.
Fruit Sauce Recipe: Haroseth
- 6 apples (2 red, 2 Granny smith and 2 Golden); washed, peeled and grated
- 2 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Cup fresh OJ
- 1 Cup pitted and chopped dates
- 1 Cup sweet red grape wine( if not available, mix normal red wine with some honey or grape juice)
1 Put everything in the blender and work to create a puree.
2 Taste and adjust. You can keep this delicious paste for at least one week in the fridge.