Vegetarian Recipe: Broccoli Salad
- #For The Salad#
- 500 g / 1 lb broccoli florets (reserve stalks for another use)
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- #For The Dressing#
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar or more
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- #I’m always looking for recipes which will help me put more vegetables on the table. This one is a winner. It is low in fat and calories. And we all know very well by now that broccoli is very good for our health! The broccoli, sweet fruit and creamy dressing provide a lively contrast in this salad.# Steam broccoli florets until crisp tender. They should retain that fresh crunch. Then whisk the dressing by mixing all of the ingredients.
- Next combine all the ingredients for the salad in a shallow bowl.
- Spoon the dressing over the vegetables and fruit and let sit for a while for all the tastes to Incorporate and the raisins to swell up a bit. Or refrigerate the salad if you have started work In the kitchen ahead of serving time.
- But then take care to serve the salad at room temperature to bring out all of the flavors.