Vegetarian Pasta Recipe: Broccoli And Pine Nut Pesto
- 175 g dried pasta, such as penne or fusilli
- 175 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lemon
- Fresh shavings of Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #This time we will tell you a wonderful vegetarian meal Broccoli And Pine Nut Pesto recipe. The combination of broccoli and pine nuts makes for a flavoursome pasta dish with a lovely texture. For an added kick, be a little more liberal with the chilli.# Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the packet instructions.
- Cook the broccoli in a separate saucepan of boiling, salted water for 10-12 minutes until very soft. Meanwhile, heat a dry frying pan until hot, add the pine nuts and cook, turning them frequently, until golden and toasted. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add the garlic and chilli. Gently cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the broccoli, return it to the pan and mash coarsely.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the warm pan. Add the mashed broccoli, garlic and chilli oil and toasted pine nuts. Mix well, add the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Divide between 2 serving plates or bowls and top with fresh Parmesan shavings. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.