Recipes for Parties: Curried Croquettes
- 2 onions Parsley sprigs
- 1 lb (450g) minced beef, lamb or pork
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper oil for deep-frying
- mandarin segments, pineapple segments, maraschino cherries, grapes, blue and Camembert cheese, a sprinkling of chopped nuts, stuffed olives, chillies, canned baby sweet corn cobs, lettuce leaves and parsley
- Peel the onions and chop finely. Wash, dry and chop the parsley.
- Place the mince in a bowl and mix thoroughly with the chopped onion, parsley, eggs, breadcrumbs, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Wet your hands and form the meat into small balls. Heat the oil for deep-frying to 180 c/350 F.
- Place a few balls at a time in the hot oil and deep-fry for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oil with a draining spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Thread the curry balls onto cocktail sticks and garnish as liked with pieces of fruit, cheese-and vegetables.
- Wash and drain the lettuce, use to line a dish and arrange the curried croquettes on top.