Pumpkin and Leek Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups peeled grated potatoes
- 2 cups peeled and grated pumpkin
- 1 t/2 cups very thinly sliced leeks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Oil for cooking pancakes
- #Serve these pancakes warm with apple sauce and sour cream or jam and cheese or simply with yogurt flavored with mashed garlic. They are great for brunch or for a light lunch.# Mix all ingredients (except oil) in a large bowl. Use a fork and blend everything well. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet.
- Drop vegetable mixture by 2 tablespoons onto skillet. Flatten slightly with a spatula. Cook both sides until brown.
- Remove from skillet and place on paper towels to drain excess oil. Continue making more pancakes and adding spoonfuls of oil to skillet as needed.
- Serve warm with something sweet (jam) and something salty (cheese) or with sour cream.