Italian Seafood Salad | Special Fish Recipes
- 1 lb (500 g) cooked white fish fillets, e.g. plaice, skinned and cut into 5 cm/2 inch slices
- 4 oz (125 g) cooked peeled prawns
- 1½ oz (1 x 40 g) can anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 4 tablespoons black olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped baby fennel
- Chopped fennel leaves, to garnish dressing:
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small onion or shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, carefully toss the fish, prawns, anchovies, olives and fennel. Pour on the cooled dressing and stir gently, taking care not to break up the fish. Garnish with chopped fennel leaves.