French Cuisine Dishes: Carrot and Orange Salad (Carottes Râpées à l’orange)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Grated rind and juice of l unwaxed orange
- 30—45 ml/2—3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 450 g/ 1 lb carrots, cut into very fine julienne strips
- 30-45 ml/2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rub a bowl with the garlic and leave in the bowl. Add the orange rind and juice and salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the oil until blended then remove the garlic. Add the carrots, half of the parsley and toss well. Garnish with the remaining parsley.