Easy Sandwich Recipe: Brunch Slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch each black pepper and paprika pepper
- 4 oz (100g) pork fillet
- 1 oz (25g) dripping
- 2 large slices white bread
- 1/2 oz (15 g) soft butter
- 2 -3 lettuce leaves
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1 strip canned pimiento
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- 1 tablespoon whipped double cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Sprig dill (optional)
- Rub the salt, black pepper and paprika into the pork fillet.
- Heat the dripping in a frying pan and brown the fillet well all over, turning frequently.
- Reduce the heat and cook gently for a further 10 minutes. Remove the fillet from the pan and when cool, cut into equal slices.
- Spread the bread with the butter. Arrange the lettuce on one slice of bread followed by the slices of pork.
- Shell and finely chop the egg. Finely dice the onion and pimiento, and mix with the chopped egg, single and double cream and curry powder. Season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture onto the meat and top with the second slice of bread.
- Garnish with a dill sprig, if used.