A gorgeous looking tart that is fantastic for any occasion – from morning tea to decadent dessert; Simple Apple Tart Recipe.
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 20 min
READY TIME: 35 min
CALORIES: 224 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 3 green apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz) water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 250 g (8 oz) ready-made puff pastry
- 4 green apples, extra
- 45 g (1½ oz) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
1 Place apples, water, lemon rind and sugar in a saucepan. Cover pan and cook over medium heat until apples are very soft. Mash apples with a fork until almost smooth. Allow to cool.
2 Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 18 x 28cm (7×11 inch) rectangle, which is 3 mm (1/8 inch) thick. Spread pastry with apple puree leaving a 3 cm (1 1/4 inch) border.
3 Peel, core and thinly slice extra apples. Place apples on top of apple puree. Brush apples with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
4 Place tart on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for 30 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
5 Serve in pieces with scoops of vanilla bean ice cream or thick cream.
Calories: 224.3 Kcal
Fat: 4.0 g
Cholesterol: 5.2 mg
Sodium: 59.1 mg
Potassium: 78.0 mg
Carbs: 24.9 g
- Make the crust by hand: Take a look at our pie crust recipe and article. There, you will find our tips and a video showing how we make it using a food processor as well as how we make it by hand.
- Instead of glazing the tart with jam, try adding a drizzle of caramel sauce or dust with powdered sugar.