Move over strawberry shortcakes, these lemon thyme biscuits with mixed berries are a modern twist on a classic favorite.
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
READY TIME: 25 min
CALORIES: 324 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 1/4 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 egg white
- 45g (11/2 oz) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (6 fl oz) thick cream
- 2 tablespoons pure icing (confectioners) sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 500-600 g (1-1 1/4 lb) mixed berries
1 To make biscuits, place sugar, honey, flour, egg white and butter in a bowl and stir until smooth.
2 Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto greased baking trays and bake in a preheated 180°C (350°F) oven for 8-10 minutes or until biscuits are a dark golden colour. Cool biscuits on wire racks until they are crisp.
3 To make filling, mix together cream, icing (confectioners) sugar and lime.
4 To serve, place a honey biscuit on a serving plate, and top with a dollop of cream mixture and berries.
4 Top with another honey biscuit and sprinkle with icing (confectioners) sugar.
Calories: 324.8 Kcal
Fat: 10.2 g
Cholesterol: 6.0 mg
Sodium: 105.5 mg
Potassium: 230.0 mg
Carbs: 47.9 g
Protein: 16.4 g
Vitamin A: 5.8 %
Vitamin B-12: 9.0 %
Vitamin B-6: 2.6 %
Vitamin C: 10.2 %
- I used a combination of 2 cups sliced strawberries, 1 cup raspberries and 1 cup blackberries