Need I say more… “Chocolate Cake” Decadently rich and moist. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’re in Heaven.
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 45 min
READY TIME: 1 hour
CALORIES: 430 (per serving)
⇓ You may also listen to the recipe by pressing the play button below.
- 300 g (10 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 250 g (8 oz) butter 5 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) cream
- 125 g (4 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
1 Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Set aside. Place eggs and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy (about 6 minutes).
2 Fold almonds, flour and chocolate mixture through eggs and sugar.
3 Pour mixture into a greased and base-lined 23 cm (9 inch) round cake tin and bake in a preheated 160°C (315°F) oven for 45 minutes or until cake is cooked when tested with a skewer impotenciastop.pt. Cool cake in tin.
4 To make chocolate glaze, heat cream in a saucepan until almost boiling, and remove pan from heat. Stir in chocolate and continue stirring until chocolate is smooth.
5 Spread cake with chocolate glaze. Cut cake into wedges and serve with chilled mixed berries and thick cream.
Calories: 430 Kcal
Fat: 4.3 g
Cholesterol: 18.8 mg
Sodium: 146.3 mg
Potassium: 98.3 mg
Carbs: 22.0 g
Protein: 2.9 g
Vitamin A: 1.2 %
Vitamin B-12: 1.7 %
Vitamin B-6: 1.1 %
- If you have to cover a frosted cake and don’t have a cake cover or carrier, insert toothpicks in the cake over to top and sides of the cake, spacing them about 4 to 5 inches apart. Place a few sheets of plastic wrap or foil over the cake, tucking the ends under the plate to cover it completely.
- To freeze frosted cookies or bars, arrange them on a baking sheet in a single layer; freeze and then transfer them to a storage container. Label and freeze the cookies for up to three months.
- For a no-cook version, you can use cocoa powder and substitute milk for the boiling water. Keep the ratio of powdered sugar to cocoa powder at 3-to-1. Butter is not needed with this version.
- Garnish the glazed dessert with colored sugar or sprinkles before the glaze hardens.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract for a chocolate mint glaze, and then sprinkle the glazed cake or dessert with chopped peppermint candies, if desired.
- For some mocha flavor, add about 1 teaspoon of espresso powder or instant coffee granules.