Spiced Plums Recipe
- 750 g / 1 1/2 lb. red plums, halved, pitted and each half sliced Into 3 pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 slices of pound cake or 6 individual meringues
- #Pile the spiced plums over pound cake slices or serve on individual meringues. Top with whipped cream and plum syrup. This is absolutely delicious.# Combine all ingredients in a wide saucepan and toss a few times. Cook over medium high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Continue cooking until plums are tender but not mushy. Cool and transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place one slice of pound cake or a meringue on individual dessert plate.
- Pile each with plums, dividing evenly. Serve with dollops of whipped cream. Drizzle some of the fruit syrup over the cream.