Sliced Duck with Bamboo Shoots and Broccoli Recipe
- 2 1/4 small duck
- 1 tsp monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 2 1/2 tsps cornstarch
- 2 tbsps water
- 4 oz broccoli, chopped
- 3 tbsps oil
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 oz bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsps rice wine or sweet sherry
- Few drops sesame oil
- #A delightful recipe which mixes some of China’s best-loved ingredients.# Cut the duck flesh into bite-size pieces, removing all the bones.
- Mix the the monosodium glutamate, 1 1/2 tsps cornstarch and 1 tbsp water together. Stir into the duck. Marinate for 20 minutes,
- Cook the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat the wok and add the oil. Stir-fry the onions, ginger, garlic and bamboo shoots for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the duck pieces and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar, salt and pepper to taste, stock, rice wine, sesame oil and broccoli. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining cornstarch and water blended together. Stir over the heat until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately. #COOK’S TIP# Fresh root ginger keeps well if tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator.