Seafood Rice Recipe
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 oz (175 g) monkfish, cut into chunks
- 6 oz (175 g) prepared squid, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 12 oz (375 g) long-grain rice
- 11/2 pints (900 ml) Fish Stock or chicken stock
- 3/4 pint (450 ml) mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 6 oz (175 g) cooked peeled prawns
- 4 oz (125 g) lobster or crab meat, flaked
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the monkfish and squid and sauté gently until golden. Add the onion, tomatoes, paprika and garlic, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stock, and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Place the mussels and prawns on top of the rice and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that have not opened. Add the lobster or crab meat and cook for 5 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir the seafood into the rice, and serve immediately.