Seafood Chow Mein Recipe | Chinese Noodles
- 8 oz Chinese noodles
- ½ green pepper, seeded
- ½ red pepper, seeded
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- ½ tsp chopped fresh ginger root
- ½ green onion, chopped
- 5 oz uncooked mussels (shelled)
- 2 oz uncooked clams (shelled)
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- #Chinese noodles cooked with mussels, cockles and vegetables and served in a rich ginger and wine flavored sauce.# Cook the noodles in boiling, salted water. Rinse them under cold water and set aside to drain.
- Cut the peppers into thin slices.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic, ginger, peppers and green onion for 1 minute.
- Stir in the mussels, clams, Chinese wine, soy sauce and the cooked noodles.
- Mix together well, using chopsticks. Season with salt and pepper and serve when cooked through completely. #TIME# Preparation takes about 15 minutes and cooking takes approximately 15 minutes. #VARIATION# Add other types of seafood to this dish. #WATCHPOINT# In Step 5 heat the noodles thoroughly, turning them in the sauce, to coat evenly.