Sausage Ragu | Easy Pasta Recipes
- 750 g fresh spicy chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- 2 x 400-g tins chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 500 g dried pasta
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- #This rich chorizo sausage ragu is great for making ahead of time. In fact, it tastes better served the next day when the ingredients have had a chance to mingle.# Split open the sausage skins, peel them off and discard. Roughly chop the sausage meat, put in a food processor and pulse until it is coarsely ground.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion, garlic, sage and seasoning over low heat for 10 minutes, or until soft and lightly golden. Add the sausage meat and stir-fry over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the tomatoes, wine and tomato purée, bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour, or until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste and stir in the parsley.
- Towards the end of the cooking time for the sauce, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, or according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and divide between 4-6 serving plates or bowls, top with the ragu and serve immediately.