Salmon Steaks with Pesto Sauce Recipe
- 6 salmon steaks
- 75 g/3 oz butter
- 175 ml/6 fl oz ready-made pesto or sun-dried tomato pesto sauce
- 375 ml/12 fl oz crème fraîche
- Salt and pepper
- #To Garnish#
- Basil leaves
- Black olives
- Season the salmon steaks with salt and pepper and dot with butter. Place them on a greased piece of foil on a grill rack and cook under a preheated moderate grill for 10-12 minutes until the fish is thoroughly cooked, turning them over halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix the pesto sauce with the crème fraîche. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and heat gently for 2—3 minutes until cooked through. Season to taste.
- Arrange the salmon steaks on warmed plates and serve the sauce separately. Serve with griddled green vegetables and garnish with basil leaves and black olives.