Rice Paper Shrimp Parcels | Easy Appetizers Recipes
- 8 oz shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Chinese wine, or 2 tsps dry sherry
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
- 2/3 cup peanut oil
- 1 packet rice paper
- #The perfect nibble for a drinks party.# Dry the prepared shrimp on paper towels.
- Mix egg white, cornstarch, wine, sugar, soy sauce, green onions and seasoning together. Mix in shrimp.
- Heat peanut oil in wok until hot.
- Wrap five or six shrimp in each piece of rice paper.
- Gently drop in rice paper parcels and deep-fry for about 5 minutes. Serve hot.