Quick-Fried Shrimp Recipe | Chinese Foods
- 2 lbs cooked shrimp in their shells
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Chinese parsley (cilantro)
- 3 tbsps oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 11⁄2 tbsps light soy sauce
- Chopped green onions to garnish
- #Prepared with either raw or cooked shrimp, this is an incredibly delicious appetizer that is extremely easy to cook.# Shell the shrimp except for the very tail ends. Place the shrimp in a bowl with the remaining ingredients, except for the garnish, and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok and add the shrimp and their marinade. Stir-fry briefly to heat the shrimp.
- Chop the onions roughly or cut into neat rounds. Sprinkle over the shrimp to serve. A note from Eatopic: Preparation takes about 30 minutes for the shrimp to marinate. Cooking takes about 2 minutes. #WATCHPOINT# Do not overcook the shrimp as they will toughen. #VARIATION# If uncooked shrimp are available, stir-fry with their marinade until they turn pink.