Prawn Puffs Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Oven temperature: 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6
- 2½ oz (65 g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ pint (150 ml) water
- 2 oz (50 g) butter
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz (250 g) low-fat soft cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) cooked peeled prawns, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne
- Black pepper
- Stir together the flour, herbs and salt in a bowl. In a small pan, heat the water and butter to boiling point. Immediately, tip the fat mixture on to the flour and beat vigorously for 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating the mixture hard between each addition.
- Using 2 dessertspoons to shape rounds of the mixture, place them well apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for 15-20 minutes, or until the buns are well risen and sound hollow when tapped.
- Split the buns open to allow the steam to escape and leave them on a wire rack to cool. Store for up to 1 day in an airtight tin.
- To make the filling, beat together all the ingredients. Cover and chill the mixture if not using immediately. Fill the buns just before serving.