Peking Toffee Apples Recipe | Chinese Style
A quick and easy dessert to prepare and one which you never grow out of! TIME: Preparation takes 10 minutes, cooking takes 10 minutes.
- 4 crisp apples
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsps oil
- 3 tbsps syrup
- Peel, core and thickly slice the apples.
- Blend the egg, flour and 1/4 cup water to make a smooth batter.
- Dip each piece of apple in the batter.
- Deep fry the apple in the oil for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the sugar, oil and 2 tbsps water in a pan over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the syrup, and stir for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the apple pieces and stir slowly, covering each piece of apple with syrup.
- Quickly spoon hot, syrup-covered apples into a large bowl of iced water to harden syrup. Remove quickly and serve.