Peach Relish Recipe
- #Makes 2 cups#
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3-4 firm medium peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into tiny cubes
- #Here is a very delicious and easy to make “Peach Relish” recipe. Fresh chutney is great with grilled or poached chicken and fish. The recipe for Poached Chicken Salad with Peaches calls for peach chutney, and I think this no-cook, no-fuss relish (chutney) recipe is the best to use in the dressing. Save what you don’t need and use as soon as possible.# Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss gently. Refrigerate covered for a few hours.
- Toss once in a while to let flavors mingle. #Try this# Add 1 chilli, seeds removed and very finely chopped and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Then serve the chutney with roasted or poached poultry.